Mar10 = Mario Day


Well, this is my first time hearing of this day, and how clever it is!

Mario debuted as Mr. Jumpman (a carpenter) in Nintendo's 1981 Donkey Kong arcade game.  In 1983, Nintendo released Mario Bros, in which Mario and his brother Luigi are plumbers, battling creatures that are coming up from the sewer.  In 1987, Super Mario Bros launched on the Nintendo Entertainment System and is now considered one of the greatest video games of all time - also one of the bestselling games of all time.


I didn't have NES growing up, but I did get a Gameboy - I played and beat the game a number of times in my childhood.  And then we got the Nintendo 64.  I remember the first time I played, how crazy it was to move in all directions!!


Now this one I never did beat, but I got to the end a number of times....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread