Art Class - Google Doodle Competition

 


This year's winner: Not Alone, by high school student, Sophie Araque-Liu.

The theme setting out was, "I care for myself by..."

"I care for myself by accepting others' care for me.  Often, I struggle to shoulder a burden on my own, and forget that I have so many people, like my mom, who care about me and want to help me.  Opening up and letting others support me not only relieves my stress - it also lets me tackle things I could never do on my own."

For this, Sophie will receive a $30,000 scholarship and a $50,000 technology award for her school.


Judges included the 2021 Teacher of the Year, Juliana Urtubey, and actress Selena Gomez.  First they select state/territory winners, and then they break down into age groups.

Here are some of the finalists.

K-3: Dreaming of a Bright Future

4-5: Family


6-7: My Self Love


8-9: The Life-Cycle of Health


And this one was the Nevada winner.

Life Beyond Imagination





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread