IPA Day

 


One of the few India Pale Ale's I actually like, but even then it's usually one and done.

IPA have a high hop content which can leave a bitter, dry taste.

I was surprised to find Imperial IPAs a tad smoother, even though they're 2-3x the hops and malt.  Maybe it's the higher alcohol content.

A Hazy IPA, or New England IPA, has some citrus or other fruit flavors, which I tend to prefer.  I had a Citra Flash Mob from Russian River Brewing and it was nice.

West Coast though....I can barely finish a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

The origins date back to the mid-18th century and George Hodgson's Bow Brewery in Middlesex-Essex.  He was exporting his pale ale where it became very popular among the East India Company's traders.  The "October beer" benefited from the conditions of the voyage and was highly regarded.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread