Book Club - January


I don't often make New Year's resolutions but this year I really want to read more.  After all, January is Hobby Month!

I don't buy many books, but I love wandering book stores - libraries are my favorite though, especially our downtown one.


One of my favorite quotes is from Simone de Beauvoir, and today is her birthday.

"The fact that we are human beings is infinitely more important than all the peculiarities that distinguish human beings from one another."

A French author and philosopher, she was an existentialist feminist.  In her work, The Second Sex, she asks, "What is woman?"  Released in 1949, it is considered the starting point of second-wave feminism (1960's), as it inspired Betty Friedan to write The Feminine Mystique.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread