Year of the Rat

2020!!!


The Rat is the first of all zodiac animals.  According to Chinese myth, the Jade Emperor said the order would be decided based upon arrival to his party.  Rat tricked Ox into giving him a ride and then jumped off as they approached the finish line.

In Chinese culture, rats are associated with wealth and surplus, and were often prayed to for fertility.

Previous years of the rat:
2008, 1996, 1984, 1972, 1960, 1948, 1936

This year is specifically the metal rat (last 1960).

I don't necessarily follow horoscopes, Chinese or otherwise, but I find our signs interesting.  I am an Ox and a Leo, and in some ways I do identify with those, especially my fire element.


So Happy New Year and cheers to 2020!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread