Book Club - May Reading


As I have a list of Stephen King books to read, I have a list of Oliver Sacks books as well, and I've finally started this one.

The first case deals with cerebral achromatopsia.  A painter suffered a head injury and suddenly lost his world of color, not just in sight, but in his mind as well.  He could remember color, but he couldn't conjure it.  He lived in a world of dirty whites, grays, and harsh blacks...

I find these types of neurological injuries to be fascinating - how particular parts of our brains process particular aspects of our life.  I also found how Sacks writes about these cases to be fascinating.  It's informative and personal without being clinical.

*

Our friend Taha wants to share some short stories that are available online.  :-)


She had me read The Princess once, which really is pretty funny with a serious underlying message.

I also started The Ballerina...and I'm going to finish that, because now I'm curious again...

*

So, what are you reading this month?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread