Book Club - August

 


I actually just finished the above.  This gave me a better feel for her writing style than the short stories we read previously.  After a somewhat slow start, I really got into it.  I especially liked how she handled each character, with their own voice in narration.  I wouldn't call it horror, like some of her other writing, but it was a good gothic tale.

What I really want to read is The Haunting of Hill House.


But for now I pulled Agatha Christie off my shelf, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.

It's my first time reading one of her books, and I think I expected it to feel older in the writing, but it doesn't.  I'm liking it so far, the murder has just been discovered.


Since I've just been jumping from one reading to the next, I haven't really had a chance to think about a read along for the summer.  And it's already August now!  But we'll get to one again.  :-)


So what are you reading?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread