Book Club - December

 


I find that my reading slows down this time of year - the cold, so we're not out on weekends as much, and with the holidays there are more get-together events.

So I'm still working on The Haunting of America.  I've definitely learned some history so far, but I can't say it's presented all that interestingly.  This is often my trouble with non-fiction.

Which means I'm more than ready for something new.  Eolone suggested The Velveteen Rabbit and I found us an online source.

Here

The story was first published in Harper's Bazaar in 1921, and a year later it was released as a book.

Two of the themes that have long resonated in storytelling is that of a toy that longs to be real, and longs to be loved.  Pinocchio was written in 1883, and Toy Story was released in 1995.

I'm also reminded of the Island of Misfit Toys, from 1964.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread