Book Club - May

 


Titus Andronicus

T.S. Eliot called this, "one of the stupidest and most uninspired plays ever written," but I'm pretty sure this has been my favorite so far.  Yeah, it's brutal, but I'm a horror fan.  Sometimes there isn't a happy ending or a good person, plus I liked the rhyme and that poetic contrast it provided.

I have to admit I giggled reading this dark prank of Aaron's.

"Oft have I digg'd up dead men from their graves,
And set them upright at their dear friends' door
Even when their sorrows almost was forgot,
And on their skins, as on the bark of trees,
Have with my knife carved in Roman letters
'Let not your sorrow die, though I am dead.'"

Sorry, but that's more creative and morbidly funny than anything that occurred in The Comedy of Errors.

That's just my opinion though - what did you think?


And what else are you reading?

I'll be finishing up the local short stories and then it will be a trip to the library.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread