World Theater Day

 


Shakespeare's Globe Theater in London.

"All the world's a stage."

Six of the oldest theaters in the world are amphitheaters from France, Spain, Italy, and Greece.

The Theater of Epidaurus is said to have the best acoustics in the world.


I've never seen a Greek or Shakespeare play, but I've been to some theaters.  Locally, we have the Pioneer, where I've seen Annie and Fosse.

On our trip to NYC we attended the Eugene O'Neill Theater to see The Book of Mormon.  Broadway was definitely a bucket list item.

I saw The Nutcracker fairly young at Balley's, which was the MGM stage that held a full airplane for Hello Hollywood Hello.



We have some smaller community college theaters which is where I've seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show and The Little Mermaid.

And I just remembered I saw Equus at another local, Bruka Theater.


What's your first or favorite theater memory?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread