Earth Day 2020

April 22, 1970 was the first official Earth Day, so we're celebrating 50 years today.  The Earth, of course, is celebrating much more than that.


NASA is using #EarthDayAtHome to acknowledge this year, since we can't have the usual gatherings at local parks and whatnot.  They have a few activities suggested Here.

Earth is my favorite thing to photograph - there is so much beauty in the land and the plants and the sky....

Here's a shot from the desert from last weekend, looking towards Peavine Peak.  That mountain was the background of my childhood...


"Mother Earth, you are my life support system.  As a soldier I must drink your blue water, live inside your red clay, and eat your green skin.  Help me to balance myself.  As you hold in balance the Earth, the sea, and the space environments.  Help me to open my heart, knowing that the Universe will feed me.  I pray my boots will always kiss your face, and my footsteps match your heartbeat.  Carry my body through space and time.  You're my connection to the Universe and all that comes after.  I'm yours and you are mine.  I salute you."
-The Men Who Stare At Goats


Go Planet!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread