Storm Chasing

 

I have some friends visiting Knoxville and some family on vacation in Florida, so I saw some posts about thunderstorms.  And it's tornado time of year.


In the news, I saw there was storm damage across the Ohio and Tennessee valleys, with severe warnings down to the Gulf.


There was a show on Discovery called "Storm Chasers" and I didn't always like the teams they focused on, but I liked the footage, and I liked the science.

Meteorologist Reed Timmer designed vehicles with anchoring systems to get as close as possible.  Later modifications included compressed-air launchers to send wireless parachute probes to gather and transmit data on tornadoes.


Down in Florida, we can see the eaglets dealing with the wind.


Apparently one got gusted out, but is on a branch below.


I'm seeing tornado watches being issued in North Carolina, Virginia, and Florida.

Be safe!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread