First, a few from the LACMA Gala. Angela Bassett Cynthia Erivo Demi Moore Elle Fanning Paloma Elsesser Becky G Teyana Taylor Serena Williams Heidi Klum Halloween!
Despite the ridiculousness in the White House right now and a strong desire to not celebrate these United States, this weekend is a pretty big deal. "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Mark Twain Open Thread since I'll be off tomorrow and Monday. We're going down to Vegas - not for the 4th in particular, but other scheduled plans. For Science is Fun Fridays: Benjamin Franklin is widely considered the first American scientist, which was rooted in natural philosophy. He founded the American Philosophical Society with the purpose of "promoting useful knowledge." Site
It's not what I'm currently reading, but it's the topic that reminded me we haven't had a Book Club this month! Ian Fleming died on this day, 1964. Dr. No was written in 1958, and his first Bond book, Casino Royale , was written in 1953. The final book released, after his death, was The Man with the Golden Gun. His publisher then released a collection of short stories that would make up later Bond movies, Octopussy and the Living Daylights. I've only read the one in photo, and it was enjoyable. ** As for what I'm actually reading, I started a book recommended by my aunt and my sister, The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue. I'm in the early stages, but it's setting an interesting stage. What are you reading??
Comments
Post a Comment