Thoughtful Thursday

 


Definition: A mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations.

I took a college course on Mindfulness from a professor specializing in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.  He explained thoughts as leaves in the river current, to see them, and to let them float by...

I've been practicing a mantra to keep myself centered, to not dwell on my anxieties.  I've come to realize that I've been coping with this for years by making notes, an effort to lessen the weight on my mind.

Happy Heart. 


This is for today because work has me on edge, but I know I'll get on track.

I just need to relax.  :-)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread