My Shots - Flat Stanley


My best friend is a special education teacher in Spokane, and she asked me to be part of their Flat Stanley project.  Take a few photos, talk about my hometown.


Since she was with us for Halloween, my friend suggested I mention Nevada Day, since they don't have a Washington Day.  I also talked about some history and some events that make Reno fun.  Of course I had to take Miss Stanley downtown!


I added a filter to lighten it up so you could see her better.  As a kid, we always enjoyed the arch more at night with the lights turned on.


The idea comes from this book, written in 1964.  Flat Stanley has worldwide adventures, and so the project is meant to not only improve reading skills, but to foster an interest in learning about different people and different places.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread