World Kindness Day


Things you can do:

1. Send an uplifting text to a friend or family member.
2. Let that guy merge into traffic with a wave and a smile.
3. Include intentional moments of kindness, laughter, and delight in your daily routine.
4. Go slightly outside your comfort zone to make someone else smile.
5. Share a compliment with a friend or co-worker.
6. Reach out to a family member you haven't spoken to in a while.
7. Treat someone to a cup of coffee


"Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change." - Bob Kerrey

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

"What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?" - Jean Jacques Rousseau

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." - Leo Buscaglia


The day I found out that my dad's cancer was serious enough that he had to be put into hospice, I cried and cried in the restroom at the hospital, and then I got into the elevator.  When the doors opened, there was an older couple standing in front of the door, faced away.  I just stood there waiting.  She turned around and saw me, moved her husband aside, and placed her hand on my shoulder as I passed by.  A total stranger, who could see the tears on my face still, showing kindness and sympathy.  It meant so much that day, and it still makes me tear up sharing it now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread