Social Media Day


And here we are on the internets, engaging with one another, learning from one another.  Social media may have negative components, but for me, it's largely positive.

I joined a message board in high school and got my first taste of communicating with people all over the world.  It was Metallica that brought us all together, but we found so much more to share with each other.  I still keep in contact with some of those folks through Facebook, and if I ever make it to Europe, I have some long overdue meetups to make happen.

I signed up for Disqus in 2013 but that was because a local news site used their commenting platform.  It wasn't until 2015 that I found the channels, and a new way to connect with people from all over.

I enjoyed that so much that we ended up here, with my own blog.  I never would have expected this, and I appreciate every upvote, every recommend, every comment.

From me in Reno, to you, wherever you are - I am happy to know you.  :-)

Cheers!
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science is Fun Fridays!

Thanksgiving Open Thread